Being in lock-down during Covid was a surreal and challenging experience for most of us. The pandemic redefined how we function. One thing has become clear during this time of strange circumstances, and that is how much we need each other. We all need more love, more contact, more support, more inter-connectivity. Social distancing may be a necessary precaution to guard against a biological threat, but isolation takes a heavy toll on one’s mental and emotional health. Loneliness can lead to, or worsen, depression and anxiety. We need interpersonal connection to thrive. Humanity needs to be reconnected.
In times of lock-down or restricted travel, it can be hard to connect with, and comfort, family and friends who live outside the area. Technology has definitely helped us to maintain communication with each other. Video chats are probably the best way to feel closer to our loved ones. Yet, there is still an awareness of separation.
Connecting on the Energetic Plane
One way for us to experience the closeness we require is to connect with each other energetically. Human beings appear to be physically separate from each other, but this is an illusion. We are connected in a way that defies human understanding. On the soul level, we are all One. By tapping into that connection, we transcend the space that separates us from others.
Take, for instance, a person on the television. Logic would say that watching this person is a purely passive activity, and that the actor is in no way aware of you watching him. On a soul level, however, there is no such thing as time and space. It doesn’t matter where or when the show was filmed, you are experiencing it in the omnipresent here and now. Similarly, even though you are at home watching the actor on your TV, your higher self is connecting to the soul of the actor. Your consciousness is linked to his. That means the actor’s higher self is aware of you watching him. It doesn’t matter how long ago the show was filmed, or even if the actor has since crossed over, you still can connect with him.
So, if you can connect with an actor on the television you most certainly can connect with friends and family anywhere in the world. All you need to do is think about them. If you want to be sure you are connected, shift your focus from your head to your heart. Sending and receiving heart-based messages is easier and much more powerful than doing it cerebrally.
How to Send and Receive Love from a Distance:
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply and rhythmically to relax.
- Put your hand over your heart, and think of your loved one. Feel all the love you have for this person.
- See or sense a link connecting your two hearts.
- Set the intention to send to this person the love you feel for him or her. Let your love flow through this heart-to-heart link.
- After you have sent your love, stay open to receiving their heart’s response. You may feel warmth or a glow as their love flows into you.
- Once you feel the connection is complete, thank them for the love and then set the intention to end the session. The connection you made will not be severed if it is a genuine love link.
- Anytime you think of them, send them love and feel their love coming back in reply.
It’s a real gift to be able to connect with somebody at a heart level. Love is the best gift you could ever send or receive. So, if you find yourself missing people, send them love, and see what happens. Don’t be surprised if they call or email you to say that they have been thinking about you.