By Kim Hutchinson
June 21 is the beginning of summer here in the northern hemisphere. That is reason enough for celebration! It is also the longest day of the year.
For those who are in touch with the consciousness of the Earth, and who move in rhythm with the natural cycles, they know the deeper significance of the Summer Solstice. This has long been a time of celebration and sacred ceremony, honouring the life-giving light of Father Sun.
Light is Consciousness
The light of the Sun represents the light within you, for we are all portions of Source consciousness. Just as Mother Earth journeys around Sun giving us seasons and cycles of light, the soul journeys through the multiverse. We start as One Light; descend into separation and darkness, then commence our ascent back into Light and wholeness. The Summer Solstice, therefore, symbolizes both the light of our souls, and the journey our souls from Light to dark, back into Light. The sun reminds us of who we really are, and where we come from.
How to Best Use the Magical Energy of the Solstice
- Sit outside and commune with the Sun.
- Connect your heart to the heart of Father Sun.
- Set the intention to download and embrace all the positive energy, joy, excitement, enthusiasm and optimism that the Sun naturally provides.
- Feel the light and warmth of the Sun within your solar plexus. Let that energy grow and spread into a big, shining Sun surrounding your body.
- Let your Sun expand to encompass aspects of your multidimensional soul.
- Feel yourself merging with all other souls into One Sun.
- Ask the Sun to help fuel your joyful ascent Home.
This is a time of new beginnings, heightened creativity, joy and celebration. Embrace the new dawn!