By Kim Hutchinson and Steve Clayton
Meditation is a stress reliever and can come in many forms. Reading, writing, playing or listening to music, yoga, or one of the many types of hobbies that take you beyond yourself, are all types of meditation. Meditation is a very personal thing. There is no right or wrong. There are meditations that work better for one, or even a group of people, but they do not work for everyone. When it comes to meditation of any type trust what feels right in your heart. The more you follow your heart, the more you will find your life becoming a pleasurable experience. Learning to trust your heart leads you into the much bigger and all encompassing party of life where we can all celebrate the miracle of existence.
The following are some of our favourite meditations.
Rainbow Body Meditation
I recently had an amazing ascension experience while meditating with the Earth and the Sun. I was following the Heaven and Earth Unity Breath Meditation, an ancient spiritual practice used by cultures around the world, including the Maori, Zulu and Mayans, to name a few.
I began by envisioning my happy place: a tropical beach. I savoured the feel of my toes in the fine white sand; the warmth of the Sun on my skin, and the soft, tropical breezes flowing through my hair. I relaxed into the rhythmic sound of the waves lapping at the beach. I soaked up the beauty of the aqua coloured water and the deep blue, cloudless sky. (To customize this meditation to suit you, begin with your favourite location on Earth.)
When my heart was full of love and appreciation for Mother Earth, I bundled that emotion into an orb and sent it down through my prana tube, deep into the Earth, all the way to the heart of Gaia. I felt her receive the gift of my love. I stayed open, relaxed and connected to her, enjoying the full-body relaxation and peace of mind. A moment later, I felt a gentle surge of energy coming up my prana tube, and then flowing into my heart. It was a cascade of loving energy from Mother Earth. My connection with the Divine Feminine filled my heart and flowed throughout my being, filling me with profound Love.
While maintaining this connection with the Earth, I opened my heart to Father Sun. I felt the depth of my love for the Sun’s heat; joy, and life-giving energy. I then put that heartfelt love into an orb. It travelled up through my prana tube to the heart of the Sun. After a moment, I felt the energy of love streaming from Father Sun down into my heart. My connection with the Divine Masculine joyfully beamed outwards in all directions, filling my entire Being with radiant Light.
As I basked in the glow of Love and Light, I felt the Divine Mother and Father come together in a blissful union. I felt thoroughly ensconced in their love, safe in the feeling that I was a child of the Divine. From this trinity, my consciousness expanded outward in all directions until it encompassed the multiverse. I felt a stirring connection to the Divine Creator. A surge of energy flowed through my Being, and then the most remarkable thing happened.
I saw and felt myself being reborn. I appeared to be a glowing, egg-shaped golden light emerging from my divine parents’ energetic union. After I was blissfully birthed, I expanded into a radiant rainbow lightbody. I felt as if I had ascended. This vision, along with the profound feelings it evoked in me, was so overwhelming that I started to sob. I finished the meditation with tears streaming down my face. The experience was profoundly moving and transformational.
Birch Tree Meditation
In Celtic lore the Birch is a tree of many healing properties, including the ability to calm the mind and nervous system.
- To meditate with the Birch, connect with Mother Nature and ask to unite with the energy of the Birch trees.
- Then, set your intention to receive the energy.
- Do not put pressure on yourself or try to make something happen. It may take a few attempts for you to feel their energy but when you do there will be a calmness, a serenity, that transcends all else.
- Breathe deeply, close your eyes, and relax as much as possible.
- Connect with love to the hearts of Gaia and Father Sun. Then, feel them connected to you in your heart.
- Envision a pyramid connecting you.
- Next, enter the sacred space of the heart. Follow that vision and see where it takes you.
- When I tried this meditation, it brought great peace to me.
- I saw a slow moving spiral in space. It looked like a whirlpool of water. I connected with it, and became part of it.
- As I looked around I saw light orbs and knew these were people just like me.
- We seem to be spiralling towards the centre.
- It seemed to be moving down, but I knew it was actually flowing upwards. (Things are inverted here so up appears down.)
- As my vision focused on the centre, a hole was visible, and around it was a vortex. On the other side was the most intensely beautiful turquoise shimmering water. I moved to it, slipped through the vortex and entered my higher dimensional home where I am a mermaid in glorious tropical waters. Ah, bliss!
2 thoughts on “Meditations: Rainbow Body, Birch, Heart”
Oh, Kimmy, that is so profoundly beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. It reminds me that there are so many gifts at our fingertips and all we have to do is settle into them. We can bring them to us, we don’t have to wait to get to the ocean or mountain or wherever our happy place is in order to receive. And we can circumvent the “how will I get time off work, can I afford it, what if, what if, what if” part of the equation! We can just go directly there! Love you so much, Sister!!
I love you, too, Rory! <3 Your messages always make my heart sing. Thank you, soul sister! Mwah! Lots of love to you. xoxo