By Kim Hutchinson
Have you been considering a change of diet lately? The angels encourage eating more locally grown, organic produce. The benefits of a diet rich in vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, and nuts, cannot be fully appreciated until experienced firsthand. A healthy diet leads to a healthier mind and body. Think of your body as the vehicle for your soul. As with any vehicle, the calibre of fuel determines the performance level of the vehicle. Eating a healthy diet not only gives you increased vitality, but it also clears the channels of communication with your angels. If you have not been able to sense your angels lately, look at what you have been eating. You might be surprised to find that you are stewing in a mix of caffeine, sodium, sugar, fat, food dyes, preservatives and other additives.
While a vegetarian or even a vegan diet may be best for promoting your psychic abilities, you might find these diets too restrictive. In that case, the angels recommend introducing at least a few healthier food choices into your daily life such as:
* Eat less red meat in favour of heart-friendly fish, and lean chicken and turkey, which are excellent sources of energy-boosting protein.
* Whole grain bread packs superior nutrients and roughage versus white and even whole wheat. Find a local bakery that makes tasty 12-grain bread.
* Consider switching to a natural sweetener such as honey.
* Replace your morning coffee with green tea.
* Buy locally from organic farmers. You will support your regional economy, and will control the amount of pesticides and growth hormones you and your family ingest.
* Switch to soy milk.
Perhaps your poor diet stems from a busy schedule. In that case, instead of buying frozen supermarket meals which are often high in sodium and sugar, and which contain food additives, or grabbing fatty take-out meals on the way home from work, here are a few simple, healthy and economical alternatives:
- Spend time each weekend preparing and freezing meals for the upcoming week. Depending on your size of household, you can freeze meals individually or in family-size containers.
- Alternatively consider doubling the amount of food you cook throughout the week, and then just freeze the leftovers. Soon you will have a freezer full of delicious meals that can be thawed and reheated in the microwave in less than 5 minutes.
- If you do not own a crock-pot, make the investment. Next, find a couple tasty and healthy recipes such as chili or baked beans. The internet is a wonderful research tool. Certain recipe sites will even give you the full nutritional breakdown for meals. Once you have a couple great recipes, it is just a matter of tossing a few ingredients in your crock-pot in the morning. By suppertime, you will have a hot tasty meal awaiting you.
- Buy a turkey and roast it for Sunday dinner, then carve and refrigerate the remaining meat. You now have sandwich meat for lunches. Take the carcass, put it in a pot with some seasoning, vegetables and water, and set it on the stove to simmer, and in the morning you will have a great soup stock. Skim the fat, then drain and reserve the broth. Add some turkey meat and vegetables to that broth and let it simmer some more. Before you know it, you will have a big pot of delicious homemade turkey soup that you can then freeze for upcoming meals.
Perhaps the most powerful thing you can do is to pray over your food. Ask that your food be blessed and then eat with gratitude. You will be healthier and better able to communicate with your angels!